Thu Jan 21 2010
Sun Jan 10 2010
FreedroidRPG 0.13rc2 is out.
This second release candidate includes :
- a Microsoft Windows package
- bug fixes in the tutorial
- addition of a random dungeon, accessible from behind kevin's place
- bug fixes in the quest browser, automap, leveleditor, ...
See below for what is new in FreedroidRPG 0.13.
Tue Dec 29 2009
We are happy to announce that we are releasing FreedroidRPG 0.13, release candidate 1.
It is currently available as a source tarball. Microsoft Windows binaries will follow.
Download FreedroidRPG 0.13rc1
FreedroidRPG 0.13 is the result of one year of work, and brings the following improvements :
- Translation support was removed, as a consequence of the lack of a translation team, and technical glitches in our use of gettext for the translation system.
- New graphics for various items (mostly weapons and ammunition), contributed by infrared
- Improved graphics of some floor tiles
- Added graphics for a few map elements
- Different difficulty levels, accessible in the Options menu
- Removal of level "interfaces" (the black borders between levels). Transitions between levels are now completely transparent, for a better immersion.
- Performance improvements in game startup as well as loading and saving games
- Improve script API, giving the ability to start a takeover game
- Add a random dungeon generator mechanism, used for now only on level 43
- Compress savegames to save disk space
- Removed "examine mode", a feature that was almost unused
- Add a persistent NPC inventory system for more realism in shops
- Change the armor system to use a "damage reduction" ratio instead of armor class
- Fix takeover game display in SDL mode
- Lots of bug fixes in all areas
- interface improvements
- ability to edit the contents of chests on the map
- two-level zoom out mode when using OpenGL
Note that the savegames from previous versions of FreedroidRPG will not be compatible with FreedroidRPG 0.13.
This release candidate is intended to help us find and fix important bugs.
Sat Apr 25 2009
FreedroidRPG 0.12.1 fixes a bug in 0.12 that prevents the game from being finished because the entrance of the Hell Fortress could not be open.
Wed Feb 18 2009
We are happy to announce FreedroidRPG 0.12. FreedroidRPG 0.12 represents 3 months of work and over 400 changes since the last intermediate release of 0.11.1.
We hope to get as much feedback and bug reports as possible so we can make sure 0.12 final is as good as possible.
There are many improvements and bug fixes since last release, the main being:
- A Tutorial is now implemented
- Completely new starting level that makes much better sense with the storyline
- Big changes on old starting level layout
- Totally remade entrance to Disruptor Shield Control Base as well as adding connecting sections inside the base
- New music tracks
- Cleaned up even more bugs in robot AI and path finding
- Fixed some bugs in hit stun and chance to hit (hit% now actually corresponds to chance to hit stats)
- Added Lua coding language to dialogues, greatly increasing the possibilities of rich and alternating content.
- Drag select area
- Cut, copy, delete and paste area
- Drag and drop movement (both area and single objects)
Note: Save games from 0.11.x are not compatible.