Wed Nov 17 2010
This is the new website for Freedroid. This website features a new visual design, which is modern and easy to navigate.
It will enable us to update the website more frequently and more easily, in order to better communicate about our progress.
Fri Mar 19 2010
FreedroidRPG has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2010! If you are a student and wish to spend your summer writing open source software, don't hesitate to apply! Our ideas list is available at http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ToDo/OpenJobs.
We are available to discuss your ideas on IRC (#freedroid on irc.freenode.net), on our mailing list, or on our forum at https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freedroid/.
Thu Jan 21 2010
Sun Jan 10 2010
FreedroidRPG 0.13rc2 is out.
This second release candidate includes :
- a Microsoft Windows package
- bug fixes in the tutorial
- addition of a random dungeon, accessible from behind kevin's place
- bug fixes in the quest browser, automap, leveleditor, ...
See below for what is new in FreedroidRPG 0.13.
Tue Dec 29 2009
We are happy to announce that we are releasing FreedroidRPG 0.13, release candidate 1.
It is currently available as a source tarball. Microsoft Windows binaries will follow.
Download FreedroidRPG 0.13rc1
FreedroidRPG 0.13 is the result of one year of work, and brings the following improvements :
- Translation support was removed, as a consequence of the lack of a translation team, and technical glitches in our use of gettext for the translation system.
- New graphics for various items (mostly weapons and ammunition), contributed by infrared
- Improved graphics of some floor tiles
- Added graphics for a few map elements
- Different difficulty levels, accessible in the Options menu
- Removal of level "interfaces" (the black borders between levels). Transitions between levels are now completely transparent, for a better immersion.
- Performance improvements in game startup as well as loading and saving games
- Improve script API, giving the ability to start a takeover game
- Add a random dungeon generator mechanism, used for now only on level 43
- Compress savegames to save disk space
- Removed "examine mode", a feature that was almost unused
- Add a persistent NPC inventory system for more realism in shops
- Change the armor system to use a "damage reduction" ratio instead of armor class
- Fix takeover game display in SDL mode
- Lots of bug fixes in all areas
- interface improvements
- ability to edit the contents of chests on the map
- two-level zoom out mode when using OpenGL
Note that the savegames from previous versions of FreedroidRPG will not be compatible with FreedroidRPG 0.13.
This release candidate is intended to help us find and fix important bugs.