First Semester 2016 Progress Report
Wed Jun 15 2016
Hello, and welcome to FreeDroidRPG's progress report for the first semester from 2016!
Since the 0.16 release many changes, bugfixes and translation updates were made, and we also released 0.16.1 release.
Here is a quick list of major changes you'll notice from 0.16 to 0.16.1:
- Italian and Spanish languages are now available.
- Various bugs were squeaked and some optimization was done.
- FreedroidRPG is now more Freedesktop compliant.
- There is now a savegame converter framework, so you may be able to resume your game from 0.16! Please note it's only able to resolve simple differences.
- Documentation update for easier installation.
Source tarball, Windows and MacOSX installers are available on ftp.osuosl.org
Note that our Git repository is on GitLab.
But 0.16.1 release wasn't all that happened on this first semester. Check out some cool things which happened as well:
- New website! You probably already noticed the difference as we are now using docpad, a static website generator. Take your time to browse and enjoy the new website of FreedroidRPG!
- Data dirs restructured: Now we have a data/ folder where game content is kept. This was a huge change to make storyline development easier.
- Droid specs were lualized, opening new possibilities.
- For performance reasons, when precaching item graphics droid's images will also be loaded at game start, for a smoother gameplay (if you have memory).
- New tiles arrived for underground development.
- Do not build with -ffast-math by default. Does not affect game as long that we don't do any 'extreme' computations.
- Fix various potential memory leaks and typos.
We want to take this opportunity and call out to testers and translators - we need your help to make the game as polished as possible! Bugs need to be found, and translations need to be proofread by as many eyes as possible.
Check out our translations on FreedroidRPG's page on Transifex,
Show us a bug you found in the wild,
Try to write a bugfix or a feature yourself,
Or just come and talk to us!
To make this the best game possible, any help and feedback is appreciated!
-The FreedroidRPG Team