September & October 2013 Progress Report
Sat Nov 02 2013
Hello, and welcome to FreeDroidRPG's progress report for September and October! As the seasons change, the game grows and develops, and these are some of the changes that occurred during these two months:
- fluzz rewrote the game's engine dialog. The new engine, which was being developed for quite a while now, uses the Lua scripting language more heavily, and is expected to raise the expressive power of the game's dialogs to an as-of-yet unknown level, projected to be pretty high! Documentation of this recent addition is ongoing, as well as the process of converting the many dialogs currently in the game to the new format required.
- Various fixes were made to the actual text within the dialogs, as well. Thanks to Matthias Krüger and GiBy.
- The tutorial was stabilized and improved through a series of changes to the relevant map and dialogs, by Matthias Krüger.
- The animated water in the game was improved: it flows smoother and is more visually appealing. The conversion from static to animated water with throughout the game world is nearly complete. Thanks to Infrared and Matthias Krüger.
- Matthias Krüger fixed a bug that caused the positions of randomly spawned droids to be written to a data file when saving in the level editor.
- Many different improvements and bugfixes were made in the game engine, by all contributors.
All in all, 140 changes were committed during September and October.
As always, we thank everyone who contributed, and call invite anyone with an idea for an improvement to contact us, make it official on the bug & feature request tracker, or show us how you think it should be done on the project's ReviewBoard. Who knows, you might find your name in this list in the future!
-The FreedroidRPG Team